Greg G
Greg G, Director of Information Technology
Experience:  Unix Systems Admin since '99. Cabling, Switches, Wireless, Protocols, Firewalls, etc.
23750661

WHen starting up computer, I get error that states AirPlusCFG.exe-Entry

WHen starting up computer, I get error that states "AirPlusCFG.exe-Entry point not found with the message "the procedure entry point apsApply could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll. How can I fix this or stop it from popping up?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Greg G replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with this.

The most likely cause of this problem is a recent upgrade to Service Pack 3. It seems SP3 causes some errors with the d-link software.

It's possible d-link has some new drivers/software available, but in honestly the best option is probably just to remove the software from startup. You're most likely using windows for the wireless config anyway, so it's not even neccesary.

To do so, Click on Start -> Run and type in "msconfig" (without quotes) and press enter.

Now click on the "Startup" tab...

In that list look for either (or both) "AirplusCFG" and "WZCSLD2". Uncheck the box beside them.

Now click Apply and close it down.

Reboot...

You may get a warning message telling you the config was changed. Just accept it and it will continue on (it's just warning you that you made changes).

Now you should be back up and running fine without those pesky messages!

If you do use the d-link software, or want to, you can go to their website and download the latest drivers and re-install it. This should replace the .dll file that SP3 replaced and get it back to working WITH the software.

Either way... ;)

Regards,

Greg

Edited by Greg G on 11/25/2009 at 4:08 PM EST
Experience: Unix Systems Admin since '99. Cabling, Switches, Wireless, Protocols, Firewalls, etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg:

I'm still having a problem. After doing what you suggested, the computer is now giving me another message: System Configuration Utility: You have used the SCU to make changes..... You are in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode, causing this message to be displayed and run every time Windows starts. CHoose the normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes you made. Then it asks to click the OK button. The AirPlusCFG.exe also appears.

Expert:  Greg G replied 4 years ago.

No problem!

In that window that appears there should be a small check box in the corner that says something to the extent of "Don't display this warning again". This is the warning I was refering to basically letting you know that changes were made using msconfig.

Now if the AirPlusCFG is still loading, then the next thing to check is to make sure that it's not also in the normal startup folder. It shouldn't be, but verify to make sure. To do that simply open the Start -> All Programs -> Startup Folder and look for the "AirPlus" utility. If its in there, click delete.

Also, run msconfig again to make absolute sure the check beside AirPlus is still unchecked.

The other option if that doesn't work, as I said you can re-install the dlink software and it should fix the errors. (as long as you grab the latest version)

If you want to try that method, you can grab the latest driver here: http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/D-Link/page5.html

If that doesn't help just let me know and we'll take it from there!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Greg! Thanks so much- it took a few tries, because the system still indicated that it was in selective startup, but I ran the msconfig several times so that I could do each window (General and Startup) individually and that seems to have corrected the issue. You are the best! Thanks so much- the annoying pop up is gone :)