Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

where do i find my security key for connecting my new samsung

where do i find my security key for connecting my new samsung tv wirelessley to my home wifi network using my airport router?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Do you have a mac or just your XP PC?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the PC is connected with a cable and the mac is connected wirelessly on the home network
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

On your mac can you open the HDD then open applications then utilities andopen the Airport utility,

When it opens can you select your airport on the left hand side then choose configure and then click the Password XXXXX at the top of the window.

Once you are there your password XXXXX be listed so you can then write it down.

Let me know if you have any issues

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
found the password XXXXX changed it in airport express. It did not work as the security key. what next?
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

Did it say wireless password XXXXX wireless equivalent password?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i said password
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

Can you try this for me,

Highlight your AirPort wireless router from the list of available devices on the left side of the airport utility window. Then click on the Manual Setup button at the bottom of the window and go to the Wireless tab at the top of the window, Then can you enter a new password XXXXX your AirPort wireless network in the Wireless password XXXXX and Verify Password XXXXX then can you click on the Update button at the bottom of the window to save the settings and change your AirPort password.

After you have done that can you then try connecting with the new password XXXXX just set

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried connecting using the new password XXXXX the Security Key and could not connect to the wireless network. Is that password XXXXX "Security Key" to connect my Samsung series 6, 650 plasma TV to the wireless network????
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Yes,

The wireless password XXXXX XXXXX security key you need to connect wirelessly.

If you go back to the wireless setup in the airport can you tell me what your wireless security is set to, Such as WEP, WAP, WPA-PSK

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it's WPA / WPA2 Personal
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

And can you tell me ifi t then says TKIP or AES?

Then can you click start then run and type winver and hit enter and let me know if your XP version is SP3 or Service Pack 3?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it does not say TKIP or AES anywhere. XP version is service pack 3.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

Can you change the security type to WEP then enter a 10 digit passphrase into the airport and save your changes then let me know if you can connec the samsung

Thanks

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience: IEEE, Microsoft
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no luck. changed to WEP and changed the password XXXXX recommended to 13 digits/numbers, saved it and still can't connect.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just turned off the security on the router and got it to connect! Thanks for your help
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks