Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Where do I find my PIN number on the computer

Customer Question

Where do I find my PIN number on the computer?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Can you tell us what model your router is?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
D-Link DIR 615
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

In that case can you go to a machine that can get online through the router then click Start and then Run and in the Run box can you type CMD then hit enter to open a DOS window.

From there can you type ipconfig then hit enter and make a note of the Gateway address which should be something like 192.168.1.1

Once you have that can you open a Internet Explorer Window and type the gateway address in the following format http://192.168.1.1 then hit enter to open the routers login page.

When prompted to login Just click Ok then on the top left go to setup then click wireless settings and browse down to find manual wireless settings.

Once you are there can you seeif it lists your password XXXXX you can write it down and if not can you go ahead and setup a new password, To do this can you scroll down to go to security settings and choose your prefered level of secrity and enter your choice of password XXXXX save your changes and see if you can now get on through your wireless network.

Let me know if you have any issues

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have the PIN for my router. I need to know how to find the PIN for my new Toshiba Computer Satellite L455-S5980
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

Sorry I am missing something, Where are you being asked for the machines PIN?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When I am in D-Link Systems trying to connect my new computer to the wireless network.

Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

I am going to have to opt out and pass you over to another expert as I have never heard of a Dlink router asking for a Pin.

Just sit tight and the new expert will be right with you.

Thanks