Matthew J
Matthew J, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ yrs computer diagnosis/repair, network infrastructure install and support, IT Administration

I am desperate to find my access code to my Netgear wireless

I am desperate to find my access code to my Netgear wireless modem, can you help Dr Richard Aron, 11 Falcon Lodge, Oakhill Park, Hampstead London NW3 7LD [email protected] Current tel contact number 0027 21(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Networking
Expert:  Matthew J replied 6 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with that today. In order to retrieve the access key from your Netgear router (wireless modem), please follow these steps on a computer which is connected to the Internet through the router, or at least connected to the router.

1) Open an internet browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. It should be a seperate window from the one you are communicating to me through.

2) In the browser address bar, type and press Enter on your keyboard. You should get a login prompt. If you don't, try

3) At the login prompt, enter admin for the user name and password for the password.

4) You should now see the router's administration page. There will be a blue column on the left that has "Setup Wizard" at the top. Look down the list and find "Wireless Settings".

5) Click on "Wireless Settings" and on the resulting page, you will see you access key. It is at the bottom of the screen under "Security Encryption (WEP) Key" - Use the code in Key 1 position.

Please let me know if you have any problems doing these steps, or if you have any additional questions. I'd be happy to continue to assist.

Please remember to click the green Accept button if you are satisfied with my answer, this is how I get paid for my services.

Thank you kindly,
Please click on the green Accept button to acknowledge that you would like me to be compensated for my work, this transfers your deposit to me for payment. Also, if you wouldn't mind leaving me feedback that would be great, it helps to build my JustAnswer profile. Bonuses are always appreciated!