Ryan B.
Ryan B., Network Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ certified, studied for Network+ Certification
16548393

How do I remove Parental Controls on my Linksys Wireless R

Customer Question

How do I remove Parental Controls on my Linksys Wireless Router?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~!~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me the model of your linksys router? Also did you configure it for Parental Controls?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WRT160N is the model Number. It was configured for Parental Controls.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Alright thank you for the quick reply, i'm assuming what is setup is Internet Access Policy's within the router.

Could you please do the following for me.

1) Click the orb at the bottom left of your screen to bring up the start menu, then click all programs, then accessories, then "right click" on command prompt and click on run as administrator. You may then be prompt by a screen to continue, click continue and a black window will popup.
2) In the black window type in ipconfig then push enter on your keyboard then the windows ip configuration will appear in that window. Please look where it says ipv4 address then tell me the numbers next to the default gateway. Should be something similar to 192.168.1.1
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The numbers next to the default gateway are 192.168.1.1. What should I do next?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, sorry for my delayed response.

Please do the following:

1) Open internet explorer, then erase everything from the address bar(long white bar at top with http:// in it) then type in 192.168.1.1 then push enter and it should prompt you for a username and password. Now enter admin for the username and admin for the password XXXXX push ok to login to the router. Once logged in then click on "access restrictions" at the top and then from here you will see what internet access restrictions are setup.