John D
John D, Engineering Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

I received an email from [email protected] dated Sept.19th.at

I received an email from <[email protected]>dated Sept.19th.at 2:02 AM it stated that at&t was updating their email accounts and it wanted my email address, my password XXXXX birthdate. It gave me 24 hours to send information. It looked official but the reply address was <[email protected]> which sent up a red flag to me. Can someone tell me is this for real or is someone phishing? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Networking
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

That email address that you posted got blocked out for privacy reasons so I am not able to see it. But the general rule is no legitimate party or official entity should ask you for your password. So that email is indeed a scam and you need to change your password XXXXX

Hope this helps.