Ryan B.
Ryan B., Network Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ certified, studied for Network+ Certification

how do i find my wep key on my linksys router wrt54g

Category: Networking
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer~!~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please tell me how are you currently connected to the internet with this computer, are you direct to the router, or are you wireless?

Also if you do the following could you please tell me the default gateway address:
1) Click start and then click run and in the white box type in cmd then push ok and a black window should popup.
2) In the black window type in ipconfig then you will see your windows IP Configuration and a list with IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway. Please give me the Default Gateway Number.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
desktop wired to routr,laptop is wireless. default gateway is
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.
Alright Please open up internet explorer and then in the addrss bar at the top(long white bar that has http:// in it) delete everything that is currently in the address bar and type in then push enter. You should now be at a login screen that asks for a username and password XXXXX type in admin for the username and admin for the password XXXXX push ok. Now you will see a page similar to the one below. Please click on wireless at the top and then click on Wireless Security, you should now be at the stop where it tell you the WEP KEY>Smile