LANCAT
LANCAT, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor of Science (Bsc)
18613681

How to reinstall my network wireless printer

Customer Question

I have 2 computers in the same room on the same network and printing to the same HP c4500 printer. 1 of them is having problems printing so I uninstalled the printer and now when I try to reinstall it, it doesn't show up in the network group printers. How do I reinstall it without seeing it. It still works fine with the other computer and when I print out the configuration from the printer it shows an ip address and such.

I solved it my self by adding a new tcp/ip port and installed it as a local printer.

Category: Networking
Expert:  LANCAT replied 7 years ago.
Hi

Make sure that you have the following requirements before you begin:

Network name: The network name is XXXXX XXXXX (Service Set Identifier).
WEP key or WPA security passphrase
A computer that is connected to the wireless network.
Internet access. HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.
Your wireless-capable HP product. Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.
A USB cable (used only during installation). Do not connect the cable now.
Administrator privileges or password (Vista)

Make sure the product, access point, and computer are all on, and that the computer is connecting to the wireless network.

Exit all applications running on your computer.

Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the product.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, follow these instructions to remove the USB installation before continuing.

1.Go to the Printers folder:
Windows XP: Click Start , and then click Printers and Faxes .
Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel , and then click Printers .

2.Right-click the icon for HP product, and click Delete to remove it.

Install the software with the product CD
1. Insert the product CD into the CD drive of the computer, and then wait a few seconds for the software installer to start.
If the installer does not start automatically, follow these steps to start it:
*
Windows XP: Click Start , click My Computer , and then double-click the CD drive.
*
Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon, click Computer , and then double-click the CD drive.

Follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation.
If prompted to choose the type of installation
The Recommended type of installation allows you to take advantage of all your product features
When prompted to choose a connection type, select the Network type, not the USB type. The USB cable is for the installation procedure only. (The installer prompts you when to connect and disconnect the USB cable.)
Select the button through the network.
then hit next
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the software.

doc reffered from hp.

Please Click on ACCEPT Button to reward my time, If unsatisfied, please post your question again instead of giving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Thanks and regards