Andy, Networking Consltn.
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to install a Linksys router, and I got the error

Customer Question

I am trying to install a Linksys router, and I got the error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. What does this mean, and what do I do about it?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello !!

Lets try out few things here.

First please try a power cycle: Remove the power cable from the Linksys router, then remove the power cable from the modem, wait about 60 seconds, then plug in the modem, then plug in the Linksys router. Wait about 3 minutes while the modem and router sync back up. Once all light are back on, try to connect. Try to goto http://192.168.1.1 and see what happens.

If the above steps do not work you should try performing a factory reset by holding the reset button in back of the linksys router for 30 seconds, then wait 2-3 minutes for the router to sync back up. Try to goto http://192.168.1.1 and see what happens.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, Andy. The first step, unplugging the modem and router didn't work, but after I did the reset on the router, it works!
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hi !!

I am glad it did. Please dont forget to leave a positive feedback :-)

Take care