Ron Whittaker
Ron Whittaker, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Years as a System Analyst in the 70's. Corporate and home network experienced. LAN and Wireless.

I have a wireless network, and a brother MFC-8660DN printer.

Customer Question

I have a wireless network, and a brother MFC-8660DN printer. I am unable to print from
my HP computer to the printer. (I have no idea why) No error message comes up in the print que on my computer nor is there any error on the printer, just that is is ready to print. Can you please help me?

Thank you. Paula
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Please make sure your printer is set as the default and that it is set as online. To check this click on the start orb and then on printers. Right click on your printer to select these options.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've checked and yes it is online and listed as the default printer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok I will have to opt out and let other experts answer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Please cancel my request. I've spent too much time with no answers. I am completely NOT satisfied.

Expert:  Ron Whittaker replied 7 years ago.
Before cancelling totally, which you should/could do so by using Report to Close, let me get a picture of your equipment configuration.

Is your computer cabled to a wireless router with the printer to be connected wireless?

Does the printer work when connected with the USB print cable direct to the computer?

Suggestion, when printing is OK from computer, to follow instructions in printer manual to step into wireless mode.

If you would like further assistance, please reply with the make, model and version of your modem.

Thank you,