Zach H
Zach H, Head Systems Administrator
Experience:  15 years of experience in computer hardware/network troubleshooting, and administration.
17637786

my ps3 wont connect to my network anymore,it says key information

Customer Question

my ps3 wont connect to my network anymore,it says key information exchange has timed out
Category: Networking
Expert:  Zach H replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Are you connecting through a wireless connection or wired connection? If wireless are you using an encrypted connection?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello zach.yes it is a wireless connection,wpa/wpa2 security.
Expert:  Zach H replied 5 years ago.
Has the key changed on the router recently?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not that i know of or changed intentionally?
Expert:  Zach H replied 5 years ago.
You may want to try rebooting the router by just unplugging it for like 1 min then plug it back in and try to connect again. You may also want to log into the router and make sure your security is correct and the pass key is what you think it is.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did the unplugging thing,unsucessful.not sure what you mean by logging into router?
Expert:  Zach H replied 5 years ago.

If you are using wpa/wpa2 security someone would have had to log into the router to set that up. You log into the router from a computer. What type of wireless router do you have?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
linksys wrt110.now i only have an internet connection when i plug in the blue cable from the router.
Expert:  Zach H replied 5 years ago.

If you try to use the wireless again and try to run a connection test on the ps3 what does it do?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well it was goin thru everything till exchanging key info then it would say failed,but my key is case sesitive so i tried it again in all capital letters,and i think it might have worked havent checked yet but it says it is connected.
Expert:  Zach H replied 5 years ago.

Do you still have the blue cable connected to the ps3?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i had to retype the security key on my pc again in all capitals checkin to see if everything is back to the way it was.i think i got it all figured out myself,didnt realize the key was case sensitive.ill let u know if its all back the way it was.