abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

I cannot type in my passwords and online ids using internet

Customer Question

I cannot type in my passwords and online ids using internet explorer with windows xp
Category: Networking
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for using just answer.

Can you please elaborate more. What do you mean when you say you cannot type your password XXXXX IE, like in a form , when there is a password XXXXX what happens, you are not able to enter data? What happens in other fields in that form ? And is it specific to some particular website ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi any website that needs a password XXXXX online id I click on box that asks for password XXXXX do not get a cursor for example my yahoo mail or a bank site to do online banking
You mean nothing happens when you click on that field and start typing?
Also, Are you able to enter your email address in that field say in yahoo mail login ?
And, are you able to do this in other browsers like firefox?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i cannot enter my email address works in fireofx but i prefer to use ie
If you cannot see the Menu bar , Right click on the bar where you see the various tabs and click on Menu bar option.

If you have installed many add-ons on IE and are fine with resetting to default settings, then please do the following :

Go To Tools, Click on Advanced, then click on the reset button at the bottom.

Also, please tell the IE version by Going to Help and then About Internet Explorer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that didnt work how do ifind what version of ie i am using
Plaese do the following to find IE version :

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am using ie 7 none of what you suggested worked
please tell the following to help us in solving your issue as soon as possible

Can you see if there is is a Mshtmler.dll file in the Windows\System folder?
Also, please tell if you are able to type into windows help and support box. To check this , click start, then Help and Support and then try entering text in the box.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot type into help and support I cannot find a mshtmler.dll file but i am not sure where to look
okay , I would suggest you to try the following in order :

1) Make sure that Internet Explorer is closed then:

Open the command prompt window (Start>Run>cmd) and type the following at the prompt

regsvr32 mshtmled.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll

Now open up IE7 and see if the problem is solved.If not try method 2:

2) How long has this problem occuring since, if it is just a couple of days matter, then we can try system restore for which I will give you the instructions once I know how long has this since been? Else try method 3

3)
Open up control panel, then add/remove programs and see if Internet Explorer 7 is listed. If it is not, check the box that says show updates and see if it shows up in the list then. If it is there , then uninstall it and restart the computer if required. After doing this or If it is not listed , then if you have IE setup you may use that or if you do not have then, use Firefox, goto Microsoft's download site and re download IE7 , you may have to go through a Manual validation process since your not using IE, do that and download the program and re-run the setup program.

The program may detect a current installation and offer a repair option, if it does, select this one first and see if that fixes your problem.

Keep me updated of any errors you get or any success.
Thanks.