Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  Cisco and Microsoft certified with over 20 years experience in system design, integration and development
13852270

I have to create a 5-7 -slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation

I have to create a 5-7 -slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation to teach your fellow students about the follwing IT applications: Transaction processing systems. knowledge management systems, Expert system and artificial intelligence, Enterprise resource planning systems, E-commerce systems. I have to include detailed speaker notes and examples.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Syseng replied 5 years ago.

So how would you like to proceed? Do you need just the content of the slides or the entire Power Point? Also, what version of Power Point do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi syseng - sorry to i did not get this until this morning. Yes. if you could provide an example of an entire powerpoint that would be great. if not that's okay also. I have microsoft office powerpoint 2007.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Syseng replied 5 years ago.
Hello - I apologize for the delay. I do not have Power Point 2007 but do have 2003 and would need more time to complete an entire power point presentationg.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Syseng - How much do you need it's due by tonight? I could probably complete a power point myself. It's just layout of info that I really need?

Expert:  Syseng replied 5 years ago.
Is this the kind of information you need?

Transaction Processing Systems:

A collection of operations on the physical and abstract application state that includes the following properties:

Atomicity – All or nothing commit, jump from one state to the next without an observable intermediate state.

Consistency – The transaction is a correct transformation of state (is as expected).

Isolation – Though transactions can execute concurrently, they appear to the observer as if they were executed in serial (each transaction separate).

Durability – When a transaction is committed, it’s changes remain even when the system fails.

The acronym is ACID.

From a user perspective:

1. Transactions are user requests for information from a database or requests to update the database.
  2. From a user perspective a transaction is:

Any coherent sequence of operations that satisfies a goal;

For example - find the times of flights from London to Paris.

1. Users make asynchronous requests for service which are then processed by a transaction manager.
Expert:  Syseng replied 5 years ago.
If the above format is something you could use to add to a power point then I will work to include the rest in this forum.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes. this wil be great. When can you have it done?
Expert:  Syseng replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if the below information is what you need:

Knowledge management systems:

A knowledge management system allows for global access of and organization’s collective knowledge to provide faster learning, sharing of information, and collaboration within the organization.

Knowledge is a fluid mix of framed experience,

values, contextual information, and expert insight

that provides a framework for evaluating and

incorporating new experiences and information. It

originates and is applied in the minds of those that know. In

organizations, it often becomes embedded not only

in documents or repositories but also in

organizational routines, processes, practices and

norms.

Three aspects of knowledge management include:

Technology – The system employed to manage knowledge assets.

Process – The procedures necessary to ensure knowledge is both captured and accessible.

People – The actors that are guided by the process, utilize the technology and generate the knowledge.

Expert systems and artificial intelligence:

Artificial Intelligence is concerned with programming computers to perform tasks that are presently better done by humans. (Minsky)

Humans “Understand” information but tend to overlook edge cases when looking for solutions.

Computers look at the details but do not “Understand” problems.

Understanding requires:

Representation and manipulation of Domain Knowledge

Perceive analogies

Learning

Expert Systems are a subfield of Artificial Intelligence. They focus on mimicing the thought process of a human “Expert” through:

Separation of facts, knowledge, and inference
knowledge is explicit, not hidden in algorithm

Simulates Human reasoning
Built from approach of Human Expert

Uses approximate or heuristic search

An Expert system is built from:

Human Expert - Can solve problems; and
we desire to solve the problems without the expert.

Knowledge Engineer -
Can communicate with HE to obtain and
model the knowledge that we need in the system

Programmer -
Builds and maintains all the necessary computer programs to bring the model to life.

User
Specifies what problems we need to solve (needs the expert)

Enterprise resource planning systems:

ERP attempts to integrate all departments and functions in an organization across a company onto a single system (computer system) that can serve all departments and their particular needs.

ERP automates the tasks involved in performing business processes.

Business processes such as sales order processing and manufacturing procurement are examples of business processes that are supported by ERP.

A properly installed and configured ERP system has a fantastic ROI!

E-commerce systems:

First a definition of Ecommerce:

“Electronic transmission of buyer/seller transactions & related info between individuals and/or businesses”. Think of it as buying/selling over the Web and including the entire online transaction process.

Ecommerce systems make electronic buying and selling possible, covering three areas:

Business to Business transactions – B2B

Business to Customer transactions – B2C

Customer to Customer transactions – C2C

The transaction cycle includes:

Attract – The look and feel of the site that brings customers/users

Inform – The system/site provides relevant information to the user

Customize – Provide the user with the ability to customize their environment

Transact – Meets the requirements of buying and selling models

Pay – Secure electronic payment support

Interact – Provides customer service portal and social interaction avenues

Deliver – Order fulfillment support

Personalize – Tracks buying behavior and encourages more

Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience: Cisco and Microsoft certified with over 20 years experience in system design, integration and development