Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Hardware/Printer and Network
21913621

My logitech harmony 900 was working just fine but then I

Customer Question

Hi, My logitech harmony 900 was working just fine but then I must have accidentally pushed a wrong button and now all I get is one channel of TV and nothing from the DVD or Netflix, etc
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I think it is nothing to do with the computer, (it is a macBookAir which I am now using) the TV and the DVD is downstairs along with the Xfinity cable box and a few other things that I do not understand. my son is away for the next 3 days and I MUST be able to get shows for my 4 year old grandson. I can carry this computer downstairs and tell you what happens when I try to get a TV picture
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I have not, but perhaps my son did. It was working just fine last night, but after I pushed a button or two (I do remember holding down the on/off button a long time) and then I could not get anything but the one TV channel (it was the one I was watching when things went bad and now it is the only one I can view
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of Pearl.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 11 days ago.

OK, so the Logitech 900 is just a universal remote. It is not doing anything bad or wrong. The likelihood is that the button you pressed changed the input you are on, and you can no longer see the inputs that you want to see.

So here is what I need to know:

1. What type of TV do you have?

2. What devices do you have connected to the TV?

3. How are those devices connected?

4. What, specifically, are you trying to do?

Let me know...