Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

When Im taxing, It will not turn plane any direction, ASUS

When Im taxing, It will not turn plane any direction
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: ASUS motherboard
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: For the joy stick or the p c ?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its fairly new and did work just fine till a couple of days ago

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what flight simulator program you are using when this problem with steering the simulated plane occurs.

I have an idea of some things to check - knowing what f. s. program it is would help my answer to be much more specific. So please let me know, and I will advise you then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Microsoft flight simulator, (sp) X, and I don't know if this has any thing to do with it, but the c drive and D drive are not working properly, Its a new computer too, got it in feb.

That is of some possible significance. Tell me, before I do anything else, what airplane model you are trying to taxi and steer, and also, what problem with the C: drive and D: drive you are observing ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O K, so now what

What problem with the C: drive and D: drive you are observing ? I am reluctant to connect to a computer with major issues...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Spounds like You cant help me, Right

I can help you - is your computer a Windows PC, though? and what problem with C: and D: drives are you observing?

Let me know, and I might be able to help you by connecting.

I think I know why the plane is not steering while taxiing anyway.

To start a secure remote control session, please go to this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2cbd0432-c1eb-4f34-9692-2f55c3645eb9

and download, then start, the Elsinore Screen Connect Client program. I will be waiting for you to do so, then start helping you over a remote connection when you do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im NOT a computer guru, but I understand that the C drive should for the most part have only the operateing system in it and every thing else to go into D drive, I did put the game into D drive, but it did not work right at al, so I put it back into C drive and its windows 7
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have two other games I installed, but they don't work at all

I see. It depends upon how you installed them. I can perhaps also help you get them installed correctly but on the D: drive, after we connect.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O K

I think I managed to confirm that the AutoRudder option being enabled, steering on the ground also works - as I thought.

Let me know if you need other help.

If I don't hear from you by and by, I will end this Remote Session, for now at least.

Thanks.

Taxiing worked for me, except for my hand on the throttle being too rough, and having an occasional 'spin' on the ground... I'm used to a slightly more under-controllable F.S.

But steering with left and right arrow keys does work provided you go to

Alt key

Aircraft

Realism Settings

and enable AutoRudder (by checking the checkbox for it, then clicking on OK at lower right of that (Realism Settings) sub-window or control-window.

Thank you for asking your question here. If you need further help, let me know. Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess You forgot about checking out my Drive C and D drive problem and my two games, one is trophy Bass 4 which Ive had in my other windows 7 p cs, it installs but it says I need 30 m b of installed memory to work, , my trophy rivers use to install with no problems, now it installs and plays fine, but when you go to play it again, you have to install it again and you also said you would put all the games into drive D, I was Told there would be no extra charge for this and f s x is working O K so far, Thanks, *****

OK. I will check those out, or help you with them, also, now that the first problem is well addressed.

Glad to hear FS X is working - it sure looked odd in a remote connection, so I wasn't quite sure.

I have check out the requirements for Trophy Bass 4... it does require 32 MB (not GB) of RAM memory installed. You almost certainly have that much... But if I may do another Remote Control session, I can look into that.

Or you could tell me, what

Start

Control Panel

System and Security

System

shows for your Installed RAM on your system. GB? or MB? is an important detail to be careful of!

Tell me about Trophy Rivers... how does it require installing it again ? with what error message? that's a peculiar requirement.

Let me know when you might be available for another Remote Control session of your PC, and I will set it up for then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im Home now, But I would like to address the driver problem first, then the games, O K, Ill keep my phone near me and when You get on, it will alert me you sent an email, thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent a message earlier, but it looks like You did not get it, but Id rather fix the driver problem first, then the games, Thanks Bert Evans

I regret being offline for some time. I think I'm ready to try to help you with the drive, or driver, problem.

(What problem is there with drivers? I thought the problem was with the drives... a different matter for sure. Let me know.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still Here and waiting, Bert Evans

Preparing another Secure Remote session now...

You may start your half of the Secure Remote session by downloading this application:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1807d587-0514-4e2e-a48c-8c553d36b8b6

I am setting up my own half of the session now...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O K, Its just not getting any thing into drive D, Drive C should only have the operateing system on it, do You think we can do any thing with the games, or not, my biggest concern is to have the computer working properly, ok, Bert

So you want to install games onto the D drive in short. OK...

Start the application after downloading it, and I'll see what I can do. (I cannot, of course, load the discs with the games on them, so you'll have to stand by to do that while I work...)

Confirming that I got the two games installed and definitely working - Trophy Rivers started and ran twice - and satisfactorily too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Russell, Well they are not working still, sorry, T Bass 4 will not start up, I managed to get it to play two times, but it was weird getong it to start up and now it asks to install it every time, I don't know if its going to have to be in drive C till I can get someone to get it working right, seems like its not seeing the game that's in drive d, rives still have to install it every time I use it, I think it has a lot to do with how this P C was built in the first place, that's why I want to get the P C working properly before trying to put the games in drive D, I kind of understand how You make the game think its in an X P P C, Maybe we can tackle it in the morning if Your on, Thanks any ways, Bertr Evans
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One more thing just come up, when I bring up the start menu and click on T Bass 4 two times, The computer will freeze up and I cant do any thing, the only thinfg I can do is push the power button to shut it down and restart it, then it works O K as long as I DO NOT Click on T Sass 4 name in start up menu, so I guess we need to put the games back in C for them to work right, I Do not know, Im not a computer expert, I am a Master Mechanic by trade though, LOL

Try clicking on the Trophy Bass 4 entry in the Start menu only once - it works better. That's how it's meant to work, Start Menu things of whatever kind shouldn't be double-clicked.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** but Rivers is still the same, have to install it every time you want to play it, so if you want we can put F S X tomorrow if possible and see how it works, Thanks again

Please tell me, before we resume, Why do you have to install Trophy Rivers every time? what error? what failure? what cause? I have so far never seen the problem, so I feel I ought to ask, to better understand what is going on with your system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no error message, but when I push the run button, it does nothing and so I push install and it intalls again and seems to work fine, then the next time, same thing all over again

I'll take a look at it now if you have done your uninstall of FS X already.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just woke up, Ill uninstall now and send a message when Im ready, and I just remembered in my other windows 7 computer it did have something come up when I tried to install it on that P C, Maybe I could try installing it on that one and see the message it gives me, O K

in my other windows 7 computer it did have something come up when I tried to install it

That's probably not germane... I'd skip it. But if you mean something other than FS X (which would take a while to test-install) then if you want, try it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O K F S X is uninstalled and this is weird, rivers is working just fine, like its supposed to, weird

Hm. That's a puzzler, true. If the error cannot be 'duplicated', or in other words, cannot be seen by me, it's not something I can do much for. So let's wait until it fails again.

(Did you perhaps restart the computer, since you uninstalled FS X ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have not and I tried several times last night with rivers and its the same thing, so ill restart now and let you know when im back on

OK.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O K, I guess Im ready now, I hope
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, Im still here and kind of ready, 3 hours difference in time, im in Az.

Right - it's morning there still.

Let me prepare another Secure Remote session. This one, for installing FS X on the D Drive...

Download from this link, and run the program, to start your Secure Remote control session:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9151a4c2-ac80-4aff-a7e2-edb07fb510a4

And I will be waiting on this side...

Confirming, FS X was installed and started OK, as I installed it onto the D: drive with particular parameters.

Have a great day.