Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.
59725966

How do i turn on new ipad, new ipad, i have done nothing

Customer Question

how do i turn on new ipad
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: new ipad
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i have done nothing except take it out of the box
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

You will want to charge it for several hours before use,

then, you can press the round HOME button (the one on the front of the ipad, just below the screen) for a few seconds,

or if that doesn't do it press the LOCK button, which is at the top right corner (edge) of the ipad (a single button).

These are the only physical buttons on the ipad, other than on the left where you'll have 2 more (a toggle type) which is for volume up and down.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.