Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

My MX5500 Keyboard will not work, yet the cordless mouse

Customer Question

My MX5500 Keyboard will not work, yet the cordless mouse does....
What can I do??
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please hurry...
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, when did this start, what is the model and brand of your computer and what operating system you are using (Windows or Mac)?

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.
  • Make sure you have fresh batteries in your keyboard and the power switch on the underside is set to ON.

• Make sure the USB mini-receiver is directly and securely plugged into a working USB port on your computer

• Turn your computer on.

• Press the Connect button on the keyboard. You'll see the LCD display 'connecting ….'.

• Press the Connect button on the receiver. You'll see 'connected ..' on the LCD when it is connected to the receiver.

Hope this help, let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have done all of these..... NO luck
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

Ok, Do you have a windows or a mac computer please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

are you there ?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 11 days ago.

If you a windows OS, Try the following steps :

1. Launch SetPoint "Click on start and type SetPoint in the searh box then hit enter"

2. Click the "Tools" tab located in the top right corner of the window.
3. Now locate and click the Bluetooth icon in the side tab on the left

To launch the BCA for your Bluetooth keyboard, click the "Click here to connect" link in the Bluetooth Connection Assistant. At this point you will need to put your keyboard into "discoverable" mode. Press and release the Connect button on the keyboard so it can be detected by the Bluetooth receiver as illustrated.

Once the keyboard is detected you will see a screen confiming the connection. You will need to type in a Passkey given to you in this window. Follow the on-screen instructions to verify the keyboard is working properly.

When the BCA recognizes the the passkey you will see a confirmation screen displayed below. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete this steps.

After the BCA recognizes the connection to your keyboard the connection will be confirmed with the screen displayed below. Click "Next" to complete the connection process.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 days ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 9 days ago.

If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Nothing you have said works. I am going to get this handled locally. You have NOT helped.....
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

To check, have you tried changing the batteries in the keyboard?