I'm sorry about the issue. Please try one of the following 3 methods:
Select your passport drive device, then click on File menu at the top, then click on option Eject.
Open Finder (which is the smiley face icon on the Dock), then click the Eject button (the up arrow icon) right next to the passport device.
On the Desktop screen, drag the passport device to the Trash.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,
I'm sorry. Is there any error or message? What happens when you click on the Eject option or button?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
1. Click on your passport device first, then click on File, then does it let you select Eject option?
2. Open Finder, then do you see your passport device on the left there?
So when you open Finder, then do you see the passport device showing on the left side or not?
Is this an external /portable USB hard drive?
Do you see your Passport device on the Desktop screen?
Does it let you open / view the folders / files in the passport drive on your computer?
- Was this same external USB drive working fine previously on this same computer?
- Where is the external USB drive device listed on the screen? Is it on the Desktop screen?
- If you double-click on the external USB drive device, then what happens?
Had this Passport USB drive ever worked on this computer previously?
Is there any power / light on the USB passport drive?
- If you disconnect the USB drive from the Mac computer, does the My Passport for Mac disappear on your computer's screen?
- If you replug the USB drive to the Mac computer, does it let you open it?
Does it give any error or message when you try to open it?
When did this issue first occur? Have you tried to shut down / restart the computer yet, and check?
Please let me know. Thank you,
OK, you can bookmark this web page to get back to me later
, and/or check your email for messages from JustAnswer / Viet later. Thank you for your patience,
Does your USB drive work now after restarting the computer?
If needed, does your USB drive work on another computer?
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,
Unplug passport from Mac computer for now.
- Then on the Mac computer, press at the same time Control–Command–Power button to restart the Mac and check.
- If needed, press and hold the Power button on the Mac computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
OK, unplug the USB drive from computer for now. Whenever scanning is done, please shut down / restart the computer, then plug in the USB drive and check. Thank you for your patience,
Does another USB drive open / work fine on your computer?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,