Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

My radio says that I need to download a program to install

Customer Question

my radio says that I need to download a program to install on a computer in my network. What should i do?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had it for about six years but don't play it often
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please explain the issue a bit more in detail. What radio are you using and what is the make and model of he radio?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I bought a Logitech Squeezebox radio six years ago. It has worked well but lately will not respond when I try to access My Music. The screen tells me to go to www.squeezebox.com and download the Logitech media server software to a computer in my home wifi system. I have downloaded and installed the software but had no reaction from the radio. It continues to tell me to get the software. Is there something else I should be doing?
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours on the phone and web trying to get help. Logitech appears to have abandoned providing
phone support (a few years I received excellent help from one of their staff). On the web provides no access to support for radio problems.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can you connect to my Logitech radio. Your offer appears to be tailored to computer problems?

my apology for the delay. Due to our timing the reply was late.

how is the Logitech Squeezebox radio connected?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the radio is not "connected" but operates on my home wifi network. Its only direct connection is to the power source

Factory reset your Squeezebox Radio, press and hold the Power button until the unit turns off; then touch the Power button to restore power. Immediately press and hold the More button until a “Factory Reset” message appears on the screen. Alternatively, go to Home > Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset > Continue.

After successful reset reprogram the radio.