Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

My Pro 4000 doesn't want to run on Windows 7. Dell Optiplex

Customer Question

My Pro 4000 doesn't want to run on Windows 7.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell Optiplex 780
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just finished doing that
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why doesn't my Logitec Pro 4000 load properly?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is this the first time that you are trying to connect this Logitech cam to your Windows 7 computer?

What exactly is the error message and code that you are getting when trying to install or connect the cam?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had the camera on a windows 10 machine and it worked fine. It seems to say I need some kind of driver update. It is a box called program compatibility assistant that says to check for solutions on line. Can't find a solution.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you have the same model of camera that is working perfectly fine in Windows 10. And now you are having problems with it in Windows 7. Correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I can't seem to run it on Windows 7.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that confirmation.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing your drivers problem while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would rather not spend any more money on this problem. Is there a solution? and can you tell me what it is. There was and implication the your simply is not compatible with windows 7. If that is so please let me know.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for writing back. Based on your webcam model, the software is only good for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Since you are using Windows 7, I suggest then that you try to install the cam software using Windows Vista in compatibility mode.

Can you confirm which version of installer are you trying to install there?