Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I'm using several Quadro K400, 5000 cards and have them set

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm using several Quadro K400, 5000 cards and have them set up to use the CUDA cores, I know it's all working as I have on screen your chart indication how much is being used as a percentage. Point is I may be doing a lot of work with JPEG2000 files, when I save these files the computer works at least at 60% as well as memory at also 60%, the Cuda Cores are floating at about 2-4%, what am I missing here. thanks Peter
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The machine is a late Intel i7 socket 2011-3, custom built. Using windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only to make sure the software, windows, Avid, Tmpg, that's all
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

What type of work are you doing, only saving the files?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The images are captured from tape, no changes, just save as Jpeg2000.mxf, This particular type of file is heavy on processing that's why I'm trying to use the CUDA cores. Just to save some time. Peter.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
oops, sorry Kevin, this is using the program TMPG Video Masterworks 6, the input file is the previously mentioned Jpgg2000.mxf file, I'm outputting an MPG4, other than that it's the same thing it's heavy on processing so I'm trying to use some of the cores in the Nvidia K5000 but although it is working it's only at a few percent. Thanks. Peter.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

Are you still there?