Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

The computer fan is running continuously. What should I

Customer Question

The computer fan is running continuously. What should I expect is wrong?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Okay, so the fan on an All-in-one computer (whether a laptop or tablet or large desktop all-in-one) are very important. If it fails, or slows down or the intake gets blocked, your system can heat up and it will shutown to save itself from overheating.

What is wrong.....there are a few possibilities.

The most common reason is just being a little dusty, and the airways are clogging up, causing the fan to run harder to maintain the same temp.

Thats where i would start.......blow it out with compressed air....clear any dust blockage....etc etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am having to leave at this time. How can we reconnect?

After you clean and blow it out of dust.

Check your system fan settings. Some fans are capable of changing speed based on temp. And you can also turn that off, and have the fan run 100% all the time.

Another possibility, is just that your system is running harder and hotter, are you using the computer in a heavier load? Games? Watching or streaming video?

Book mark this web page, and save it.

Then use that book mark to get back here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I book mark? I have never done that before.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just a it more info for you - not running heavy loads. Just normal everyday stuff. I'll hope to get back to you later tonight (9/22/16 - now 4:35 pm) How do I "book mark" to get back here?

each web browser is different as to the EXACT process.

So, try the shortcut.

Press and hold the Ctrl button, and then press the letter D on the keyboard.

So its a 2 button press. Ctrl + D

That will save this webpage as a book mark

Ctrl + D

a popup might happen and ask you to click done, or save

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I've got it on as a favorite and will come back as soon as possible! 'by for now. Thanks. Nan

ok

when you coming back? What time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is 'Nan'-order # Order ID: 16675916-67. I am back and wish to continue interaction withCustomerinitiated/interrupted at
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have printed off the conversation to the point when I had to leave and understand what we discussed that time. I have not done what was suggested yet, but will in order to know if a solution comes of from the appraisal so far. What is the best way to proceed at this point?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello Nan,

Sorry for the delay.

You shoudl do the suggested tasks, and then report back to me, of the fan is still spinning at full speed ll the time.

You may also be looking at a failing fan, its possible that the fan is wearing out, so it may need to be replaced.

But Fans on a computer are considered regular maintenance, and they need to be replaced from time to time. Like chaning your brake pads on your car.

Please take a moment to rate my performance. And let me know if you have any other questions related to this issue.

Thank You!