Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I'm not having any trouble with my computer. My Harmony 650,

Customer Question

I'm not having any trouble with my computer. My Harmony 650, however, will not properly set up my cable box to my Vizio tv and i cannot find any solutions in any data base. the instructions for setting up this devise are non-existent. i currently own another Harmony Touch and it was no problem to set up. i have no idea how to set this devise up and i only have my tv and cable box to connect.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Which machine are you referring to?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i updated the remote as soon as i opened the box.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not a thing.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

have you connected the remote your computer with the usb cable?

In order to set up the remote, you will need to connect your remote to your computer using the USB cable provided and go to www.logitech.com/myharmony.

To begin, connect your remote to your computer using the USB cable provided and go
to www.logitech.com/myharmony. Follow the instructions to download the Harmony
Remote Software. After the software installs, start the Harmony Remote Software.
When you start the Harmony Remote Software, it checks for updates automatically and
downloads them if necessary.
After you install the Harmony Remote Software and gather your device information using
the Device Worksheet, the setup process guides you through five steps in which you
answer a series of questions about how your entertainment system is set up.
1. Creating your user account: The setup walks you through creating a user account on
the Harmony Remote Software. You can also launch a tutorial about how to set up the
Harmony 650 from this step by clicking View Tutorial.
2. Connecting your Harmony 650 to your computer: The software ensures that your computer
and Harmony 650 are communicating with each other.
3. Setting up the devices you want to control: The software walks you through entering the
manufacturer and model numbers of your entertainment system that you collected using
the Device Worksheet.
4. Setting up Activities for the Harmony 650: The software asks you questions about how your
entertainment system is set up, and then saves the settings.
5. Updating the remote: The software transfers the information from your computer to the
remote.