Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have an Iomega hard drive # 99A85209BF. Another # on it is

Customer Question

Hello- I have an Iomega hard drive # 99A85209BF. Another # on it is 31763600, LDHD-UP. I use it with my Macbook Air OS X 10.11.6. The hard drive no longer wants to work and I would like to fix it. This could easily be operator error! Thanks, ***** ********, Grand Marais, MN
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there Annie and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to access the hard drive? Are you seeing it still?

Do you get a specific error?

Please let me know

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please tell me if you work for Omega. I was on their site but now it looks like I am on JustAnswer.com. I am not sure if I am at the right place.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

We are Justanswer.com a technical support desk that supports problems with equipment such as Iomega

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hmm. okay. Please cancel this order and also cancel my credit card number and info. I need to contact Iomega first as I think it is their duty to help me first. If that is not the case, I will contact you again. Thank you. ***** *******
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, is it correct that a session with you is $38 for the session? Thanks ***** *******