Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Intel Technology Provider
63083622

I have 4 logitech keyboards & only 1 works. The other 3 have

Customer Question

I have 4 logitech keyboards & only 1 works.
The other 3 have a broken piece of plastic in the corner. Where can I have it replaced?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you tell me where you purchased the keyboards from, site, store, friend etc.

And also, do you still have the receipts or order conformation in email?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i purchased all 4 at Apple in Bellevue wa I don't think I have any receipts

Thank you. One last thing, how long ago and did you use cash or cc to purchase them?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't remember but Ido remember going to Apple for help & they said they don't do that

Can you at least remember if you got these a month ago, week, longer etc?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh probably in the last year. I love the keyboard but that little plastic piece keeps breaking off

Please standby. I am going to present the case to them.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?

Yes, they have me on hold. Can you tell me if you are on a macpro, air, etc and they 'model' of keyboard?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
P/N820-006405 S/N1348SY06WG18
P/N820-006160 S/N1343SY073K98
P/N820-006160 S/N 1446SY01DT68

Thank you. They are checking for me now. I'm with a senior tech. I am expressing that you are a die hard logitech / apple fan

and dont want to stop buying their products due to these being so flimsy. They are seeing if there is a recall or what you can.

Logitech must be dealt with. I am contacting them now.*********** Please standby.

Okay, i created a ticket for you with logitech under Isaac Franklin,

entered the information with the agent for each keyboard and the ticket number is: 04126738

Please have those serial numbers ready when you call. She thinks she can help you.

Call the

16464543200 number and i cannot express enough to not take no as a first answer. I expressed

you are raving fan of these keyboards and dont want to discontinue being their customer. They

said they will help you anyway they can and created a case for you.

That should get you the help you need. Please rate this question with the stars at the top right so i can address it as closed for now.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no idea what(###) ###-####is?

That is the number to logitech. I created a ticket for you.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
logitech phone number? what country? So many digits international call? So I need to start all over again? Just wanted to know where or how to repair them. This isn't a solution & I am not happy

That is not in another country. Its new york to their HQ's.

I have helped you as much and as long as i can. i am going to open this up to another expert.

I have already created the ticket for you with them and they are aware of your issue. I spoke with Apple

for 20 minutes as well, but it is not an apple product as you know.

If you would call them, you would understand that you dont have to start over. They know what is going on.

Good luck.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just called the # that you gave me at Logitech & they were unable to help me. Keyboard plastic corner cannot be replaced or repaired
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, can you be a little more specific as to what plastic piece is broken? Can you attach a photo using the paperclip icon? If it's one of the feet under the keyboard... that looks to be a fairly common problem (poor design). Without proof-of-purchase information Logitech is unlikely to replace the keyboard under warranty (as it seems they mentioned to you already). So where does that leave you? Well, your options are to modify the underside of the keyboard using an adhesive bumper or "rubber foot" to replace the broken one or buy a replacement keyboard on ebay (the price seems to be around $10). If that isn't the piece that's broken, can you clarify what's broken on the keyboard?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just took a picture of the piece of plastic that holds the iPad in the case on the left corner & its that way on all 3 keypads. Unfortunately I don't know how to paperclip so either someone would have to show me how it is done or could I send picture to a cell phone?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took a picture with my iPhone & now the picture is in my email & I don't see any paperclips. Is there another way to send it?
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

In the chat window of this website you should see a paperclip... if you don't see it, or you need assistance using our site, please email***@******.***

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I explained to problem but there is no one to chat with.
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

Well, is the part that's broken what I described above or is it different? Maybe you could just describe what is broken.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is one of the plastic corners at the top of the Logitech. I guess you call them feet. How did I get 3 that all broke off at the same place? Crazy. I'm on my 4th & being very very careful but I'm going on a trip soon & I'm afraid the same thing will happen while I'm traveling.
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

Well as I mentioned earlier, this looks like it's a design problem... all 3 breaking in the same place. Now, if you wanted to get creative... what you could do is sand down the feet and use a rubber foot or bumper to replace them. They would likely come off easier than the plastic feet... but they would be easier to replace. As far as the actual plastic feet... there's no real way to fix them... the case would have to be replaced and that wouldn't fix the design issue either. As you saw three broke in a row... you replace the case, it's just going to break again eventually.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where would I get the rubber foot to replace them?
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

Hardware stores, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart, home improvement stores... sometimes they're called bumpers, bumpons, self-adhesive rubber feet...

example: https://www.amazon.com/Self-adhesive-Bumpers-Devices-Projects-Diameter/dp/B013ESHLC4/

You might want to check a local store's selection if you want to see/feel how big or how high they are.

Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you're saying I should sand the 3 broken plastic feet & buy rubber pads & cut & glue to the shape of the plastic feet? I don't think so. Have you heard of any keyboards for iPads that are better ?
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

Which ipad version do you have? iPad air? iPad air gen 2?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ipad Air
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

Have you seen or tried the Belkin QODE cases?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No Do they have them at Apple? Are they as good or better? Which one do you have?
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

I don't know if they have them at the Apple store, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if the Apple Store or even Best Buy has them so you could test one out. It's really hard to recommend keyboards (or mice) to people because everyone's ergonomic preferences are different. What one person thinks is a "mushy" keyboard, might be just right for someone else.

I don't use a keyboard case, because I don't have to type much. When I buy my next iPad, which will likely be one of the new pro 12.9s, I will probably just get the Apple smart keyboard, because like I said, I don't type a lot or try to use it as a laptop replacement. If I were buying one to type on more... I'd probably be looking at the Belkin keyboard cases. But again, I'd have to try them out because I have to "feel" what the keyboard is like. Everytime I've bought a mouse or keyboard without being able to try it beforehand... I've been unhappy with it. Unfortunately that's getting harder and harder to do these days.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just read reviews on Amazon, Logitech, Belkin & Zagg & have come to the conclusion that they're made to be disposable.
Expert:  Wes replied 7 months ago.

I'd have to agree with that. Is there any other way I can help you today?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, Thank you