GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15+ Years supporting Mac and Windows Desktops and Laptops,Printers, and other computer hardware

Had modem for VFW Post 2593 recalibrated yesterday. Was

Customer Question

Had modem for VFW Post 2593 recalibrated yesterday. Was brought back to factory specs. Now Wi-Fi is not working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi Michael. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. When a device is reset to factory specs that means it is restored to its original "out of the box" condition, so you lose whatever customizations you had previously setup, such as the SSID (wifi name) and password. If you will tell me what brand and model your device is, I should be able to help you with this. It woudl also be helpful to know who provides your internet service and what type of service it is (for example, cable, dsl, etc)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning Alison,
It is a ATT U-Verse modem model #5268AC, there is also FXN after it. We have u-verse internet service which I guess is dsl?
The Wi-Fi access code this post uses is(###) ###-#### Hope this helps.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

That is very helpful. Is the wifi access code printed on a sticker on the At&T uverse modem? If you scan for wireless networks do you see your network SSID (name) as being available?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. The access code printed on the modem is 9h+vym6ntv9k.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. Is there also a network name (SSID) on that sticker? if so, please scan for available wifi networks and see if that name comes up. If so, please tyr to connect to it using the access code on the modem.

I'm attaching a copy of the user manual(s)/setup guide for this modem in the hopes that it will be helpful.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Michael were you able to resolve your problem with the information that I provided? If it did, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.