cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Operator
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT.
20109878

I have minidx3 device protable magnetic stripe card reader

Customer Question

i have minidx3 device protable magnetic stripe card reader
but i lost my password can the password ***** reset without losing data
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  technicalcat replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Have you tried the default password ***** 0000 ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i tried that it just says invalid password

I am out of ideas, and so will opt your question out to other experts for review. Thank You.

Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am going to look into this for you.

Please standby.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you

This is not a very Orthodox method. But can you try this for me? The 0000 wont work. You changed it.

Unless there is a reset button on the bottom you can try as i saw in research, try this for me?

Enter the wrong password ***** to eight times, after that the screen will pop up and give you 12-character random code.

This video will show you what you are looking at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntK7qK5_n0

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

I can send you the website you may be able to contact due to this being a reset code?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i tried what you said but no 12 digit code appears just the same message invalid pin

The only other thing i am seeing is the website itself and a password ***** option download for things like this for 9,99.

Is there a button for reset on the bottom?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is a button on the side but I haven't tried it because I'm afraid it may erase the data

one moment.

Okay, i know for sure there is built in password ***** software. I just cannot find a manual on the directions for it.

I am going to open this up for more suggestions so you dont have to wipe it. If all else fails, i advise you to first contact the

company, they know their software and how to use it. (It doesnt even show in the manual how to utilize this feature)

If that doesnt work, i would pay 10 for a password ***** download. Either one of these will keep your data.

Good luck. Someone should be with your shortly.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what's the website that has that password ***** software and you said it's $10.00 thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thank you

Okay, this doesnt seem to be getting picked up by other experts. I researched further for you.

I didnt want you to just be left without information/help. Even the manuals for this are no help.

First, this company is in China.

• Contact Person : Ms. yang tracy
  • Company Name : Beijing Sirius Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.
  • Tel : 86-010-13810722732
  • Fax : 86-010-82517117
  • Address : Beijing,Bejing,Room 508,Baihuan Building,FU Rong LI South Street NO 6,Haidian District,Beijing
  • Country/Region : China
  • Zip : 100080

*****@******.***

However, this is who sells it and says they can bypass the password ***** that software:

http://diij.com/index.php?route=information/contact

At this point, they do have built in password ***** but only the company seems to allow public to know

if that reset works or just wipes everything. I would contact them and ask before touching that button.

Their recovery is more than the ones i found, but i am having difficulty matching your version of device to be

compatible for the ones that are ten.

These should lead you in the best direction. I would contact them, and go from there at the diij before anyone else.

They promise they have a cd that can recover it for you and can answer how to get into the device without wiping by that

reset or other method.

Good luck, and thank you for your patience.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well to be honest everything that was suggested to me I already tried that's why I came to this site but I am still in the same situation I will give my rating when I get some results I will contact the site again the one that's in China I was not able to reach anyone earlier but I will try again then give my rating I am also a computer technician

Then you understand. I am going to open this up again incase someone else sees in it the mean time.

It isn't the rating im looking for, although they are appreciated. I only picked it up so you wouldnt get 'left'

without at least a direction to go in due to no other experts able to assist yet due to next to nothing on the device and

very little info on this device associated with resetting passwords.

I honestly dont mind the time researching it for you. It taught me a lesson and more info on this device. Its appreciated.

This will go back where others can see it.

Good luck! I truly hope those work for you and at least help keep your info.

~Franklin

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 5 months ago.

http://diij.com/ that is the password ***** software to download to unlock the password ***** rather reset it so that you don't loose the data. If that doesn't work they say you can hit the reset button and it will reset password. This is the thing, I am not 100% sure that it won't erase your data.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 5 months ago.

Just to update that reset software is 50.00 to buy and it will unlock your password. Also once you add to cart and buy you will have to list your email so that they can send you the code.