Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Hardware Expert
50836188

I HAVE A MAXTOR TOWER 1000 GB AND HAVE MISPLACED THE POWER

Customer Question

i HAVE A MAXTOR TOWER 1000 GB AND HAVE MISPLACED THE POWER CORD. WHAT INPUT VOLTAGE AM I LOOKING FOR?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: ABOUT 3 MONTHS. TODAY I FOUND A 12
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 12 VOLT DC /
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

The power cord for your Maxtor is 24W AC

Here is a link to it: https://www.amazon.com/Maxtor-Adapter-Power-OneTouch-External/dp/B004RWYP3A

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the unit i round reads output 12v dc 2.0a and the plug fits rhe maxtor. am i good to use it?
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

That should work but I would recommend using a power cord that is designed for the device. You can purchase it for under $10 using the link above.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.