Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

Have HDD 160GB, serial no.0VDE3807FA. Cannot get Windows10

Customer Question

Have HDD 160GB, serial no.0VDE3807FA. Cannot get Windows10 to recognize the external drive. Help, please. Wayne
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: purchased external HD several years ago which worked fine with Windows Vista. Installed Windows 10 approx. a year ago. Gave up after checking disk manager and other efforts.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: are you referring to the external drive or the computer? Have had the Iomega for several years but have it sitting in the closet since installing Win10.
JA: No. I'm the Computer Technician's Assistant. What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Disk manager, disk management, different USB ports and installed in an old computer with Vista and it worked fine.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all. I also have a MAXOR external HDD with same problem. They finally admitted that they had not developed a solution.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you saying that the computer previously has Windows Vista, and the drive worked fine. Now you upgraded to Windows 10 and the drive is no longer detected? Is that the case? Or is this computer originally has Windows 10 installed?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,