Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

We have an Iomega StorCenter ix-Series that we received when

Customer Question

Good morning, We have an Iomega StorCenter ix-Series that we received when buying an existing company and needless to say I have no idea what this means but the device is saying 1, 2, and 4 Require overwrite conformation and 3 is missing. Please help. Thank you, Elissa
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Elissa, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me how many of such devices do you have? Is it only one? Or few of them?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
one
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Have you checked the device as to how many disk drives are present there?

That device is a Network Attached Storage, that is, hard disk drives are installed there so that computers and other "networked" devices can use the disk drives.

Please check as to how many drives are present in the device. Also, I believe you need to re-format all the drives in the device to be able to use them and the device.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, thank you. I think I need to replace one of the hard drives. I'll start there...
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, you can do that. Please check the drive bays of the device and see if one of the drives is missing or disconnected. If it is missing, please replace it with an identical drive, at least with the same drive size. This is important because the system could have been configured as RAID or mirrors so the drives must be in equal size.

Also, the device must be connected to the main network where your computers are connected.

However, the device management portal could be password ***** so you need to have the password ***** manage the drives and the applications installed there.

If you need to use the device with a clean slate, then you need to connect it to the network, turn it on, and then install the software to manage the device using a computer attached to the same network. That software came with the device, or you can download it from the iomega site.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess