Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I have a Gateway Model MX6426, it crashed and I took it and

Customer Question

I have a Gateway Model MX6426, it crashed and I took it and had the pic and videos retrieved. After that it wouldn't even turn on. Sounds like it's coming on, The battery shows to be charging. It's actually been in the top of my closed for a while. I only use this for online and my pictures. Is it possible it can be brought to life.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Possibly. Can you try this for me first?

Take out battery and power cord. hold down the start button for 30 seconds.

put battery and power cord back in and try to start up as normal. Tell me if it boots?

Also, (would you factory reset this if possible since the pics are off now or did you still want to save data

if possible)

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That didn't work, how do I do a factory reset

I am sending you the link for steps (you may want to keep it up while doing this on another pc or print directions)

https://panam.gateway.com/s/software/microsof/vista/7515418/7515418su531.shtml

Remember, 2 things here.

1. All your data will be gone. It will be as if you first bought it IF it can be recovered. (we may need install options as last resort

but i have a few in mind if we need to. But, very time consuming)

2. This is a 'timing' process. If you cannot do it 5xs in a row with the F8 key? Try again and again! Even experts have problems

doing this the first time on machines due to finding the perfect 'time' to hit that F8 after start up) Let me know what happens and

if you could recover.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that won't work since I have no video to the the screen

Thats fine. We can bypass it. Let me review your pc specs. BRB.

You have a VGA on the left side of your computer. If you can get a vga to hdmi connector (bestbuy or electronics store

will have this) you can put the vga cord in on your computer and put the hdmi on anything like a monitor or tv (i do this with

my second monitor that is dell with VGA/Hdmi)

Also, this brings up an interesting point. Here is the thing. Can you get a flashlight for me or REALLY bright lamp? Shine it right on

the monitor and start your computer and try to see if it is still 'blank'? If this is the case, your pc isnt the issue. it is your monitor

and i can show you how to replace it.

Let me know what you would like to do?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I may have that cord, I'll have to check

Take your time. Sometimes it takes a couple days to get things finished up. I will stay with you until we figure out a resolution

that works for you. (if you get that vga/hdmi cord, make sure your tv or other monitor has an hdmi port to run it thru)

This will tell us if it is the laptop or screen.