Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Hardware Expert
50836188

How do I do a hard reset on my Samsung dvr

Customer Question

Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hi Barry,

1. Power on your Blu-ray player if it's not already on and and tune your TV to the input where the Blu-ray player is connected. Wait for the Home menu to display.

Note: If you press and hold the stop button on your Blu-ray remote, this will not work.

1. With no disc in the player press and hold the 'Eject' button on the top panel of the BD player for about 8 seconds or until 'Resetting all settings to default values...' is displayed on your TV screen as the Blu-ray player resets.
  1. The Initial Settings screen displays. Using the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote highlight your preferred on screen menu language, and then press enter. English is automatically highlighted by default.

1. Start is automatically highlighted, press enter.

1. Using the top or bottom arrow buttons on your BD remote move to the TV aspect ratio supported by your TV, and then press enter.
      • 16:9 Original: Select if your TV is 16:9 (Widescreen). All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. Content formatted in 4:3 will be displayed with black bars on the left and right.
      • 16:9 Full: Select if your TV is 16:9 (Widescreen). All content will fill the full screen. Content formatted in 4:3 will be stretched.
      • 4:3 Letter Box: Select if your TV is 4:3. All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. Content formatted in 16:9 will be displayed with black bars on the top and bottom.
      • 4:3 Pan-Scan: Select if your TV is 4:3. All content will be displayed at the original aspect ratio. 16:9 content will have the extreme left and right portion cut off.

Note: A lock icon on the left of the signal strength bars indicate the network is protected and a security key must be entered. A white cursor arrow indicates the network supports a WPS (PIN) connection.

1. Next the network options appear. Wireless is set by default. The BD player will search for available networks in the area and display a list. Use the bottom arrow buttons on your Blu-ray remote to highlight your network name (SSID) and then press enter.
      • If using the manual network setup you will need to obtain the IP/Subnet/Gateway and DNS values before beginning.

1. The on screen keyboard appears, use the arrow buttons on the BD remote to enter your network key. Be sure to highlight DONE when you are finished entering the network key. If you press the enter button on the BD remote the last letter highlighted will be entered instead and the network test will fail.

1. The player then connects to the network and runs a network test. When complete, OK is automatically highlighted, press enter. An 'Initial settings completed' confirmation will display for a few seconds.
      • If the network test fails, confirm you have selected the correct network and have entered the network key correctly. Usually if the network test takes about 1 minute or longer to complete this indicates the network key was entered incorrectly
      • If the network test continues to fail power off the player, the router, and the modem. Then power the modem back on and wait for it to connect to the network, then power on the router and wait for it to connect to the modem and it's online indicator is on. Finally, power on the BD player and wait about 30 seconds before going to Settings>Network>Network Test and running another test. You can also go to Settings>Network Settings> Disconnect> and then select IP settings to try connecting to the network again.
    1. The Home menu is then displayed.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.