Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.
59725966

CANON MG6250 PRINTER ERROR 6A81, 2 DAYS, TURNING OFF THAN

Customer Question

CANON MG6250 PRINTER ERROR 6A81
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 DAYS
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: TURNING OFF THAN BACK ON
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: HAVE CHANGED CARTRIDGES RECENTLY AND HAS NOT WORKED SINCE
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This message indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Tanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Fiona?