Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

My mouse is having trouble connecting to sites to as I try

Customer Question

My mouse is having trouble connecting to sites to as I try to maneuver thru the web. I have to chick it several time before it makes the connection. Do I need a new mouse?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it is most likely that the problem is elsewhere, but let's consider all options for fixing the problem:

1: What computer do you have? Windows PC, or Apple computer ?

2: What browser are you using to go through the Web? is it Internet Explorer, or Firefox, Safari, or other browser program?

3: Is your internet connection fairly fast, that is, do the pages load into the browser fairly rapidly, once they start at all? or do they pause, or load slowly and gradually?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Have windows, firefox and it is fast

OK. How old is the mouse itself? have you been using it for awhile?

Do you usually use the left button on the mouse? or do you use both buttons a lot?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

About three years,and use the left button, not so much the right

There's a simple-enough way to test whether it is actually the mouse button-switch, under the left mouse button, that is the problem.

Go to

Control Panel

Mouse (under Hardware if in Category view)

and select 'Switch Primary and Secondary Buttons'

and then try using the right-hand button instead of the left, on your web links after clicking on OK in the Mouse control sheet, to save the changed setting.

Does that seem better?

- if so, the mouse is at fault, and after three years, has a defective button.

- if not, the system is at fault in some other way, and you can undo the 'Switch Primary and Secondary Buttons' setting in the Mouse Properties control... and either way, please let me know. Thanks.