Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I replaced an old Majicjack USB with a new one which does

Customer Question

Hi I replaced an old Majicjack USB with a new one which does not require a computer. I do not get a dial tone from the device.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I can't seem to find the model number of my MagicJack USB device. As far as the computer it's a Windows 7 AMD with an ASUS Mother board.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried both plugging into the computer and plugging into a power adapter as per the instructions on the back of the MagicJack device. In both cases I do not get a dial tone. Are the phones, because of poor quality that will not work with MagicJack?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: OK No problem. I don't get a dial tone on my phone.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Before a new MagicJack can be put in to service it must first be plugged into a USB

port of an internet-connected computer and registered. Once plugged in the MagicJack

software should load automatically and the registration process begun.

If the device is plugged in and the software does not load automatically,

go here: https://web03.magicjack.com/my/pages/act-notfound.html

and click the green Detect Device box.

Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Was the new device successfully detected?