Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I updated to Windows 10, didn't like it so I went back to

Customer Question

I updated to Windows 10, didn't like it so I went back to Windows 7. Now my Targus docking station won't pick up my dual monitors.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It just started on Monday when I went back to Windows 7
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've reloaded the targus and displaylink drivers. Diconnected everything and reconnected. It picks up other USB items, my keyboard, mouse, just not the monitors.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?
Customer: I have an HP Pavillion, no previous USB issues.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I've tried plug into other usb ports as well.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is the model number of the Targus doc you are using?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ACP70

Unplug the Targus dock and look for the installed Targus driver software remove them completely and then restart the computer.

Connect the dock back to the computer and then download and install the driver software from the attached link below and let me know how it goes.

Choose the correct and compatible driver.

http://www.targus.com/form/download.aspx?sku=ACP70USZ

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the

answer provided does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue

to help.
Please rate the answer only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.
JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This did not correct the problem. I have restarted, reloaded the driver and then reconnected the docking station. The same problem continues.

the Targus is getting recognized by the computer?

What feature is not working.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I responded last night but I don't see my response here this am. The docking station is being recognized my keyboard, mouse, and fan are being recognized but my monitors and my speakers are not.

Click here let the audio and video driver gets downloaded and then install.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will try again but this will be the third or fourth time I have removed and reloaded the same driver.

If you want i can provide secure remote access and will fix the problem for you. Remote access is an additional service which allows the expert to work directly on the problem and it provides quick resolution, you can sit back and watch while the experts fixes the problem right in front of you. This saves you a whole lot of time and money from hiring an onsite technician.

i will give you a refund if its not fixed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't remove it first this time and I'm getting a message that the DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date.

Try to connect it to another usb port and then check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried that as well. Same results.

all other usb devices function fine on the computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they are. I have also connected the monitors, individually, but both of them to the laptop and they worked with no issues.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't gotten a response for over 12 hours and I noticed I have been charged $38.00 for this service so far with no resolution. I would like to inquire into getting a refund.

Do you want a remote assistance i can do a direct troubleshooting and can fix the problem right in front of you. Let me know if that is fine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still no response and no resolution.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to assist you today. I see you had been working with another expert and have requested a new one. I am sure that expert was doing all they could, I too will do the same. I would like to offer the same remote assistance, but I will do so for an added minimum allowed of $5 as a one time courtesy if your still interested. Please reply and let me know either way. Thanks in advance.

If you would rather just keep working via this same chat type session I am fine with that as well. It is totally up to you and like I said will do my very best to satisfy you.

Are you still looking for assistance?

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,
Jason