Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

Computer is fine-magicjack is sick, My computer is a custom

Customer Question

computer is fine-magicjack is sick
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?
Customer: My computer is a custom AMD 8 core. I have been using magicjack for about 6 months.I works fine when plugged into a usb port, but when using the a/c adapter, I can't receive any incoming calls
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought a new a/c adapter, I rebooted computer, and reset router.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

We have a couple of options here. Not just any adapter will work. It must be between 5.0 volt 1.0 amp output.

While we are troubleshooting, keep in mind magic jack will send you one at only 5 dollar shipping charge (adapter free) if you go to this

You can use the order new in the first blue link, or to talk to a chat representative with the other link on that page.

Now, can you tell me exactly what brand/type of adapter you bought so i can check to see if it is correct?

This could be one of many errors. Did you wish to continue troubleshooting tonight?