Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.

How do I adjust the horizontal position of the pictures on

Customer Question

How do I adjust the horizontal position of the pictures on my SVGA monitor model number VR-17S
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing

Can you look at this link below, and tell me if the monitor in the link is the SAME as what YOU HAVE?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Okay, great......

Now the bad news.......the User Manual for that monitor does NOT exist online.

So, in order for the picture to be adjusted you will have to use the buttons ON THE MONITOR itself.

There should be a button on the monitor that opens a Menu on the screen, which is called the OSD (On Screen Display)

This will allow you to make changes to the MONITOR.

Such as AUTO POSITION CORRECT, or changing the COLOR, or changing the BRIGHTNESS.

it is NOT the power or Volume could be called the MENU button or the OSD button.

Can you find what im talking about? Looks like its on the front, and all the way to the you see it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried that and click on the image it just for the horizontal position and it seems to make no difference

YOu may have the WRONG resolution being displayed on the monitor.

What is the current resolution?

To find out what resolution you are using.....go into windows 7, or 8, or 10 (Whatever you have) and adjust the resolution. It will show what the current resolution is.

That monitor will only handle a max resolution of 1280x1024

If the resolution is wrong, then the horizontal posiiton can be wrong too.

. depends.....i really need to SEE the issue.....can you take a picture and upload or send it to me?

The monitor is using older technology, and you may HAVE to use a VIDEO CARD (instead of the Motherboard On-Board Video) to get more granular features.

A video card software will allow you to adjust the screen position, without needing the monitor to adhere.

Its called VIRTUAL positioning.

But, if your monitor has a PROBLEM, or is broken in some way......then theres no fixing matter what you use.

But again......your description of the horizontal position doesnt offer me enough details to KNOW EXACTY what the

Pictures are worth a thousand sure youve heard that.......and its true. It will really help me to diagnose, and possibly fix.

But i HAVE to SEE it!