Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

My Iomega ix4-200d won't power on. The display says Iomega,

Customer Question

My Iomega ix4-200d won't power on.
The display says Iomega, so the device is recieving power, but none of the front 3 lights are lit up.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual device, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to it, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I unplugged the device from the power source.
Then pressed and held the power button for 60 seconds.
Then waited 10 minutes and connected the power.It is still in the same state, where the Iomega logo comes up on the LED screen (so you know there is power), but none of the front 3 lights are illuminated.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, it will be the memory on it and when it tries to load this to load the firmware it stalls and why it will not start

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not sure I agree with your assessment.
There is nothing indicating that the device is attempting to boot so that the internal memory can fail.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

If it cannot boot it is because it cannot access the internal memory in order to boot Rick, this is why it stalls here. The problem is it is not booting.