michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)
26798893

My new Dell is doing what a lot of others say, it makes a

Customer Question

My new Dell is doing what a lot of others say, it makes a grinding noise at start up and sounds like the hard drive is going, but boots on ok afterwards
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just started, but the laptop is only about a month old
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: inspiron 15 and windows 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: full diagnostic on the hard drive and checks out fine
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer. Grinding noise from hard drive means it can crash anytime. This happens normally with new computers when the computer is not handled carefully in transit. Backup your data if you have anything important in an external usb drive.

As your computer is under warranty you can get it changed by calling Dell support.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, that's what I figured oh well, thanks anyway

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.