Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I'm listening to music and I want my computer screen to go

Customer Question

I'm listening to music and I want my computer screen to go dark. How do I do that?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is an I-mac. OS X
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I just want to darken my screen so it doesn't light up my room while I'm listening to music. Is there a key I could press on my keyboard>
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Press at the same time the 3 keys on the keyboard Control + Shift + Eject, then it will turn off the monitor.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, press at the same time these 3 things: Control + Shift + Power button, then it will turn off the monitor.

Solution #3:

- If it still does not work, click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then open Energy Saver if available, then Set Display Sleep.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,