Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

New empty DROBO 5N. 1st drive 250GB recognized in 5 minutes;

Customer Question

New empty DROBO 5N. 1st drive 250GB recognized in 5 minutes; second 300GB inserted and still "recovering" [blinking green and yellow] 2 hours later. Want to configure 4 drives (an additional 500G and 1T) to a blank state as soon as possible. Ideas?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Tim replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Hey there Chris....almost ALL NAS's have to have the same drives, you cant put in a 200gb, 500gfb, 1tb, etc.....they all need to be the same amount of storage, so that they can rebuild, thats the point of a NAS, redundancy. If you were to lose the 1TB drive, it could not ever be replicated on the other drives....make sense?