Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Have HP 5100tn printer. New computer with Windows 10.

Customer Question

Have HP 5100tn printer. New computer with Windows 10. Windows cannot see printer - getting error code 0x803C010B. Have done all the fixes from HP/Windows and Microsoft Community. Still cannot print.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please refund. I did not get any help. I clicked down the site when I saw that I had to sign up for a monthly program. Could not get to any help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Its not mandatory that you sign up for a monthly program.

If you signed up, you can cancel u sing this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

If you want a full refund, and do not want help you can use this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

if you wanted me to help you, Youd need to reply and converse so we can discuss the issue.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dustin, I did not sign up for any monthly program. As soon as I saw that I couldn't get through the screens to sign up, I closed the window thinking the most I was out was $5.00. As it turns out, the problem is not solved by technical support but by a new printer! I will attempt to drill my way through your screens on Just Answer to find how to get a refund of the $35.00. As you can appreciate, I received no support from anyone. Personally, I would have been more inclined to sign up if I had been able to work with someone first. The flashing screens that kept coming up were very off putting. Hope you understand.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

I do understand, and that could also be a sign that your browser isnt handling cookies properly, as the screens are only supposed to pop up once, and once you click out of them they normally do not come back. ( unless you have a cookie or browser issue )

With that being said, Im not suggesting you need to buy a new printer, in fact we never made it to the repair or suggestion stage as you immediately asked for a refund. ( though I understand why you did )

If you reply to me and do not want to continue, I can message customer support and have them submit the refund on your behalf.. Or, now that we can communicate if you wanted me to help you we could try to fix the problem first, and if unsuccessful we could still submit the refund after.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dustin, did you reverse the charge? Did not want to continue.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

I cant reverse the charge, but I did just message customer support to notify them that you would like a refund.

you should receive an email from them in the next 24 hours or so acknowledging your refund request.

D.S