Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I plug my Neat Receipts Scanner into my computer and it will

Customer Question

I plug my Neat Receipts Scanner into my computer and it will not power on. It has been about a year since i used it last and it was working fine then.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Model: Neat Receipts, Model #: NM-1000, Windows 10. I have updated the Neat drivers to Windows 10.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have switched USB ports, 4 on a PC, and even plugged it into a Mac to see if that would turn it on but nothing worked.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This is my only issue. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

These devices are small, and there isnt any repairs we can really do to them. No parts to replace other then the USB cord.

My advice, would be to grab an identical model at a low cost.. for instance, this one is brand new at 25$ and its t he same model you have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neat-Receipts-NM-1000-Portable-Scanner-Digital-Filing-Windows-Mac-BRAND-NEW-/222113081883?hash=item33b6f8aa1b:g:4ssAAOSwInxXMN-k

That would work for you.. As far as why your device failed. Its possible that either heat, or condensation built up in the inside of the scanner depending on how it was stored. And that may have affected the small circuit board inside. However it happened, its clear the device isnt working and needs to be replaced.

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.