technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I just purchased a iomega 750 from Amazon. How can I install

Customer Question

I just purchased a iomega 750 from Amazon. How can I install the drivers for windows 10.
The Cd that came with the item I can't install.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  technicalcat replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Please be aware that this old drive is not supported by Windows 10, and Microsoft will not ensure compatibility, nor is there any windows 10 driver for the drive. This is the same for all zip drives in Windows 10.

However, you may be able to get the drive to work, as there are reports of this particular zip 750 working with windows 10 without the need for drivers. Most of those reports are with the internal ATAPI model. If you have the external USB model, it is unlikely you will get this drive to work with Windows 10.

If you have other questions on this, please reply. Also, please remember to rate my time and help to you. Please don't rate the situation or your drive's compatibility with Windows 10, as I have no control over that. Thank You.