Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Acer Tablet Iconia One 8, purchased in April 2016, Serial #

Customer Question

Acer Tablet Iconia One 8, purchased in April 2016, Serial # ***** will not power on. An attempted reset using information from Acer website did not solve the problem.+
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When was the last time you remember your device would power on?

Since then, were any major updates installed, or was the device dropped or did it get wet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tablet has not powered on in over a month. Did not get wet. It is used by a seven year old, I don't know whether it was dropped
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is involved with the secure connection for a fix. what is the additional charge?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have sent two comments and have not heard from you. It has been 5 minutes since my first inquiry
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I cannot connect to the tablet, since it wont power on.

And theres no answer I can give as of yet, until I ask you more questions to isolate the actual issue from many possible issues.

lets start with this, when you plug the AC adapter into the tablet. Does the charging light come on?

Also, when you press power exactly what happens, do you see the screen flicker or flash or change from black to grey? Anything at all you see or hear when you press power.