Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Hardware Expert
50836188

I just got an iPad Pro. I had iPad Air. It will not transfer

Customer Question

I just got an iPad Pro. I had iPad Air. It will not transfer my music library as well as my pictures. Sometimes it asks me for an old email address that I no longer know the password. Please help
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Reset password ***** days ago. Reset user name about 3-4 years ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to remember old passwords
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi!

Were you able to reset your password?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I am here. It can take a minute or two for a response.

Did you register the iPad Pro using the same Apple ID information as the iPad Air and restored it from a backup?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will remote access be able to fix getting all pictures to new iPad, as well as contents of my music library and a PDF reader app?
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

When looking in your Photos, select Albums at the bottom right and select All Photos -- Do they appear now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I selected albums then all photos and no they didn't appear. On old iPad I has folders for each year like 2000, 2001, etc and only 2014. & 2015 came to new ipad
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to go out for a few hours and would like to resume this later please
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Do you still have the old iPad? I would like to see if the old iPad was backing up everything.

That is fine. You can reply back here when you are ready.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
still have old iPad will talk later thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Great.

You can do these steps when you have a minute.. On your old iPad, go to Settings then iCloud then Storage then Manage Storage

How many GBs are next to iCloud Photo Library?

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I hope everything is okay with your issue. -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.