Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

BenQ EW2750ZL will not connect via D-Sub cable (but is OK

Customer Question

BenQ EW2750ZL will not connect via D-Sub cable (but is OK with HMDI cable???).
Also very slow to load and keeps pausing (buffering?). Another monitor on the same PC works perfectly so this is a real mystery and the BenQ was bought specifically for gaming and as such it is useless. My son for whom it was a present is not impressed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Peter Matthews
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help. I have experience with many BenQ monitors. Do you have another machine that you can test the DVI input with? Or, is the other monitor you are testing with on that PC also DVI?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The other monitor is (I think) also DVI. The difference is that the BenQ has a much smaller plug which will not fit our PC so we bought an adaptor to convert one end of the cable to the larger plug to suit the PC as recommended by a computer repair shop. The other screen is a smaller Philips unit which although old works well, we just wanted a bigger screen and the BenQ was sold to us as a gaming screen but it simply will not work. It is OK for U Tube or similar but cannot handle the games. It now seems to connect OK by HDMI but will not work.

Thank you for the answer. Can you please upload a picture here of the connector that you are using? I have seen similar problems before and often it related to the refresh rate or natural resolutions of the monitor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please just forget about it, this is going nowhere.Peter Matthews
Expert:  michelleclive replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

What window os it has?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We are returning the monitor to the retailer and hope to have our money refunded. As I mentioned in my last response please forget about this issue.Peter Matthews