Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

New CPU. Insalled MSI Grenade, AMD A10 and 8 gb patriot

Customer Question

new CPU. Insalled MSI Grenade, AMD A10 and 8 gb patriot viper RAM. Fans power on, will not output video or usb. All lights on motherboard come on
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?
Customer: New build. All new componets
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Installed everything multiple times to ensure everything is seated properly. Power comes on, no video output to new monitor. and USB keyboard
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: all fans come on and all cables connected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  SladeV replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** will help you to the best of my ability. Can you explain how your video is setup? Like what for slot the video card is and how it is connected to the monitor

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On board video.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Vga
Expert:  SladeV replied 6 months ago.

sorry, I can't get back to you quickly. Did you connect a monitor via vga too the on board video?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  SladeV replied 6 months ago.

Did not see your reply, and the monitor gets power? Did you try it on another machine to make sure it works?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Gets power, tried through laptop and worked. Replaced all componets except cpu and installed video card and still no video
Expert:  SladeV replied 6 months ago.

Do you get the beeps when you remove the memory?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No speaker on board. No spot available
Expert:  SladeV replied 6 months ago.

Did you check the connection header? Also, check and make sure that the front header panel is wired right, since this can be a cause, to since it's creating a sort between two wires for various reasons

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Verified all connections correct. Taking to installer to complete. Thanka