Aaron T
Aaron T,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at SAIC Corporation
94455896

Hp pavillion 23xi monitor not seeing mac

Customer Question

hp pavillion 23xi monitor not seeing mac
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeDo you mean you have connected it to the Mac but its not showing an image on the screen?And is this an iMac, Macbook? How have you connected it to the mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using a kvm switch, I've used this switch before and it just stop working.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok but is this an iMac, Macbook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a mac mini
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksShut down your Mac.Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. Turn on your Mac.Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.Release the keys.tell me if the monitor now connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried but still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you confirm the KVM port on the switch is actually working via another monitor to the Mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is switched both sides and it is working just fine
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out of this question, you do not need to do anything, you will be contacted when another expert takes over this question.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying
Expert:  Aaron T replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im Aaron! Im not too familiar with MACs but I have used a KVM switch before. So I thought I would give a few tips to try.What is currently plugged into the KVM? Is it only your Mac mini or is there something else plugged in as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pc
Expert:  Aaron T replied 1 year ago.
Try unplugging your pc from the kvm so only the MAC is connected and see if it displays.
Expert:  Aaron T replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out this, maybe someone else might have some tips for you.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello there....im willing to give this a try...but it would seem that if the previous 2 experts could not help.....my possibility is a low %..But, we can give it a go anywyas..So....the KVM.....can you just BYBPASS it altogether......lets make sure the monitor still works, and the video output on the mac mini still works also..Once you have confirmed that....we can hook the KVM back up..Can you also tell me the MAKE and MODEL of the KVM switch please.....so i can pull the technical manuals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was around a meeting and couldn't get back till now. However what Aaron T instructed me to do has fixed the problem, so THANKS Aaron!
Expert:  Aaron T replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem! Glad to Help.
Expert:  Aaron T replied 1 year ago.
Have a great day.Please give this question a positive rating so I may close the ticket.Thanks,Aaron Tyner